Monday 21 March 2011

MY FAVOURITE FRIED JACKFRUIT STALL

I love to eat cempedak or jackfruit but daren't eat the raw fruit.  Why?  Because it causes a lot of gas (here in Malaysia, we refer to it as 'angin' or wind) and then I would be having tummy ache and all sorts of other aches.  However, my friends tell me that if it is fried, then it would not cause a lot of gas. 
 One of the pit stops I take before I retire to my humble abode for the day is this Goreng Pisang Stall (Fried Banana Fritters Stall).  I would usually buy RM2 of Fried Cempedak to snack at home.  RM1 buys you 3 of these delicious mouthwatering snack.  The Makcik is very generous and she would usually give me more plus a goreng pisang or two.  Yeah!  I'm a regular customer.  I also buy the fresh coconut drink from Pak Uda who owns this stall.
Some of the fried banana fritters.
 The cempedak (jackfruit) being coated with the batter.
 A closer look at the cempedak in the batter.
 Frying in the wok
 Some of the fried cempedak
What is left of the jackfruit after the fruit has been removed

No comments: